When Should I Visit Urgent Care for Difficulty Breathing?
Troubles with breathing happen every day to people of varying medical conditions. The important thing to understand is what symptoms can be treated at an urgent care and what symptoms need the in-depth response of a hospital emergency room.
Here is a quick list of respiratory symptoms that we can help with at one of our California Urgent Care Centers:
- Severe coughing
- Breathing problems that prevent you from sleeping
- Sore throat
- Persistent coughs lasting 10 days or more
- Shortness of breath
- Pain when breathing or coughing
Symptoms that could require a visit to the hospital ER include:
- Difficulty breathing
- Blue coloration of the skin
- Chest pain
- Slurred speech
- Trouble maintaining consciousness
- Altered mental state
Any combination of the symptoms mentioned above can be the result of many different conditions. Which condition you have and the severity of your condition will determine your treatment course. Here are a few of the conditions that commonly cause breathing problems:
- Upper Respiratory Infections such as sinus infections or colds
- Lower Respiratory Infections such as pneumonia
- Acute Conditions such as anaphylaxis
- Chronic Conditions such as asthma attacks or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Severe Conditions such as a heart attack or pulmonary embolism
Do Not Hesitate to Seek Medical Attention
California Urgent Care facilities offer a wide array of medical treatments that can help with your breathing difficulties. Please feel free to call one of our convenient locations if you are having symptoms and need treatment.