Can Our Urgent Care Center Help With Your Eye Problem?
Come to One of Our Locations in Stockton, Lodi, or Manteca
Your eyes are two of the most important organs in your body when it comes to interacting with your environment. Seeing can help you navigate the world and identify dangers, so it is very important to protect your vision. However, sometimes our eyes suffer injury or irritation and require medical attention to prevent vision loss.
Eye Injury/Irritation Symptoms
Depending on the type of eye injury you have sustained, you could experience any number of symptoms, including:
- Light Sensitivity
- Tearing Up
Any of these symptoms can be an indicator of a problem with your eye. Seeing a doctor immediately is the best way prevent such an injury from causing vision loss or blindness.
Types of Eye Injuries
- Pink Eye – An inflammation of mucous tissues in the eye. Often referred to as conjunctivitis, this injury can be caused by many factors. A foreign object in the eye, a viral infection, a bacterial infections or allergies can all cause pink eye.
- Small Object in the Eye – If something like sand, dirt or dust gets in your eye, it can cause irritation, pain or worse. You can try to flush the object out with water or by blinking, but avoid rubbing the eye. If you cannot easily flush it from your eye, seek medical treatment.
- Large Object Stuck in the Eye – If you have a piece of glass, metal or some other object stuck in your eye, it can cause serious damage. Do not try to remove it. Seek emergency medical care at one of our urgent care facilities or the hospital.
- Cuts or Scratches – If your eye suffers a cut of scratch, seek immediate medical care. Do not try to treat this injury yourself. You may apply a loose bandage, but do not apply pressure.
- Black Eye – If your eye, or the area around your eye sustains a blow, it can cause blood to pool in the surrounding tissue. This leaves a black mark on the skin. It will usually fade and go away after a week or two. Sometimes this type of injury may swell. You should always see a doctor after sustaining a black eye due to the potential for internal eye damage or even a skull fracture.
- Chemical Injury – The chemicals in cleaning, gardening and industrial products have the potential to do real damage to the eye. Chemicals can cause chemical burns that may even result in loss of vision (especially products containing sodium hydroxide, lye or lime). If chemicals get in your eye, wash your hands to remove any residue, then flush cold, clean water into the injured eye for 10 to 15 minutes if possible. Try to get to a medical center immediately for further treatment.
What is telehealth?Telehealth (also known as Telemedicine) is a doctor’s visit that does not require face-to-face interaction. It occurs 100 percent online. You can use your computer, tablet, or smartphone to conduct a telemedicine appointment. This is a great option for people with busy schedules who do not have time to visit their doctor in person. It is also a great option for people in rural areas who do not have the same access to healthcare as people in large cities. Now, patients can meet with a medical professional from the comfort of their own homes.
When Should I Use Urgent Care Telehealth Services?
Of course, you cannot receive treatment for every medical issue during a telemedicine appointment. Some medical issues require in-person treatment at our urgent care center. However, you could consider taking advantage of urgent care telemedicine if you are experiencing the following health concerns.
- Certain respiratory conditions, including colds and seasonal allergies
- Ear, nose, and throat ailments
- Certain skin rashes or infections
- Joint aches and pains
- Nausea or vomiting
You could also consider taking advantage of urgent care telemedicine under the following circumstances.
- Reviewing your lab or test results
- Following up on a previous medical visit
At California Urgent Care Center, offering telemedicine appointments gives us the opportunity to see you whenever you need us. Book a video appointment with us today to chat with a licensed medical professional.
How Do I Schedule a Telehealth Appointment?To schedule a telehealth appointment, simply click on the ZipPass link on our website homepage. After submitting your information, you will receive a phone call to begin the telehealth appointment registration process. The phone call typically takes place within 15 minutes of you completing the online form.
How Much Does Telemedicine and Urgent Care Cost?The cost of a telemedicine appointment will vary depending on your health insurance coverage. However, a telemedicine appointment at an urgent care center is much cheaper than the cost of visiting a California emergency room. Emergency room costs will differ depending on the particular hospital you visit. Our urgent care center costs are more streamlined and patient-friendly.
Which of Your Locations Offer Telemedicine Appointments?You can schedule a telemedicine appointment at all four of our urgent care center locations. Our telemedicine hours of operation are:
- Lodi – 9:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. seven days a week
- Lorraine – 9:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. seven days a week
- Pershing – 9:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. seven days a week
Why Should I Use Your Telemedicine Urgent Care Services Over Others?
At California Urgent Care Center, we prioritize providing patients with safe and professional medical services. Our professional staff and licensed providers work extremely hard to prevent long wait times. This applies to both in-person consultations and telemedicine appointments.
In most cases, you can receive a telemedicine appointment the same day you request one. This sets us apart from many of our competitors who have limited resources and cannot meet the demands for telehealth during the coronavirus pandemic.
Please make your way to our full list of FAQs if you have a question that is not answered to the right or give us a call at (209) 224-8517.
“Great service, nurses and the doctor are real professional and knowledgeable. If you need an urgent, emergency care, this is the place to go. Easy to fill out paperwork, and they explain anything and everything. They also speak Spanish. Very clean and they keep all the standards with Covid-19. ”- Gilberto R.
“Took my 1-year-old boy in for an eye injury. On the weekend! Amazing service! Super friendly staff. Doctor took his time to warn treat, and follow up. Best urgent care I've been to. Better than my pediatrician! ”- Fernando V.
“The staff and doctors are all understanding, professional and nice. I cannot say anything negative about any of them. They have helped me get through my anxiety from being in the Paradise fire. ”- Jeanette C.
“I love this place! The doctors are knowledgeable, kind, thorough & most of all respectable! They treat their patients like human beings. They listen & sympathize with you and do what’s best for you NOT THEIR WALLETS! Adventist’s health is a horrible disgusting organization that does what’s best for them and to make money while they degrade you in the ... ”- Rhonda F.
“This place was great very clean and friendly and made me feel very comfortable. ”- Lora T.
“Providers are awesome. Staff members are willing to help. Thank you so much for caring for and providing needs of your patients ”- Christina C.