Our Urgent Care Center Discusses Key Differences
Urgent care clinics provide faster and more affordable health care services than emergency rooms. Although it is preferable to choose an urgent care clinic over an emergency room, if not for the cost difference alone, it may not always be an option. Only emergency rooms can treat people with life-threatening health complications.
While we can treat many types of health conditions here at California Urgent Care Center, you should receive treatment for life-threatening health conditions in an emergency room. Below, we discuss common health conditions that may warrant emergency or urgent care treatment.
Common Emergency Health Conditions
If you have the following symptoms, consider visiting an emergency room:
- Chest pains or difficulty breathing. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), chest pains, breathing problems and weakness are common heart attack symptoms.
- Slurred speech or weakness on one side. Slurred speech can be a sign of a serious brain complication, such as a stroke. Additionally, weakness or numbness on one side of the body can also be a common stroke symptom.
- Serious burn injuries. Third-degree burns are more likely to become infected or lead to other serious complications. Second-degree and first-degree burns that cover a wide or vulnerable area of the body can also become very dangerous. Treat serious burn injuries in an emergency room.
- Severe viral and bacterial infections. Certain viral and bacterial infections can turn deadly without emergency treatment.
- Major changes in mental state. Urgent care clinics cannot treat severe psychiatric symptoms.
This is not an exhaustive list of health conditions that should necessitate emergency care. Contact a medical professional right away if you are experiencing a health emergency.
When to Go to Urgent Care
Urgent care centers can treat numerous health conditions. We have more information on the types of conditions we treat on our site. Consider coming to see us for health conditions that include:
- Abdominal pain
- Ingrown nails
- Eye and ear infections
- Eye irritation
- Urinary tract infections
- STD symptoms
- Some accidents and falls
- Sprains and broken bones
- Back pain
It can be a costly mistake to visit the emergency room for health conditions that an urgent care clinic can treat. Not only are the wait times much longer in emergency rooms, the financial costs are generally more significant. In fact, a trip in an ambulance can cost over $1,200 in many places across the country.
We Offer Urgent Care in Lodi, Stockton and Manteca
Want to schedule an urgent care appointment? California Urgent Care Center takes patients from all walks of life. We have more information on the types of insurance we accept at our locations. However, you do not need to have insurance to be treated by our staff. We also offer telemedicine appointments. You can reach us by dialing (209) 224-8517 or by using the contact form on our site.